Monday 20 January 2014

Group critique- research reports so far

I had a group critique today on the progress of my research report so far, looking over a chosen chapter in order to give us enough time to read as many as possible in the time. I have written my Introduction and chapter 2 so I took that in to be looked over. 

We spent some time going round and reading each others and making notes so that we could feedback to each other. However, I didn't realise I wasn't even thinking about content I just had my grammar head on which was a bit embarrassing! Although it seemed to work out quite well as no one else was marking spelling, grammar etc so I think it added a good dynamic. I was impressed with the reports overall, everyone seems to be researching their topics in depth and most of them cover interesting topics, such as Emma's that looks at the representation of family in children's books.


How to be an illustrator, Darrel Rees: 
an amazing book with all the useful hints and sensible guidance


The general feedback for my report was positive and I had some good constructive feedback:


  • Use images to break up text and make the information more accessible and clear
  • Possibly try and find someone who has had an experience with a stock agency or question stock agencies directly
  • Check everything is quoted and cited correctly
  • Check chapter for commas, very long sentences
  • Could stock agencies be another chapter? Or balance it out with the other part of chapter
  • Bring in case studies more to illustrate points

My report seems to be well strutted with a good balanced argument and informative points, so I think the next stage for now is to finish off my chapter 2 to make it more balanced and to start on my chapter 3. I'm quite excited to start my chapter 3 as it's about the relationship between an agent and illustrator; what kind of relationship can form and what leads to the most successful partnership. I have done quite a lot of research on this and got some good quotations as well as learnt a lot myself. This research report might be a pain but I've definitely learnt a lot that will help me in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment