Wednesday 20 November 2013

Opulence shoot

In my continued collaboration with Henry Jackson I worked on a fashion photography project on the theme of opulence. I was given full reign as the stylist with a mood board he created to pick out the clothes and work with the make-up and hair stylist to translate the sort of look Henry wanted into practical ideas and styles. We chose 3 different outfits in the end with changing hair and make-up for each with the opulent theme with big jewelry and accessories but with a contemporary twist on the opulent theme with clothes from Topshop and Karen Millen. I really enjoy collaborating with Henry as it allows me to try out different creative projects that i wouldn't work on as an illustrator and try out different creative skills. Working on styling helps me develop my skills on bringing different elements together to help create the right feeling and theme which is transferable to my own illustration work. It also involves working to a set brief and time scale which will help me when working with clients as an illustrator.

Here are a selection of the unedited photos:




I'm really happy with how the styling and hair and make-up have come together and I really enjoyed working as a team and will continue to collaborate with photography on future projects to develop my skills and portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment