Thursday 7 November 2013

Found texture

For this project I want to explore with found texture to build up tone and depth in my images and to use the pattern and tone to create atmosphere and mood that I would if I was using colour normally but in my monochromatic images. I read through the text and picked out the kind of surfaces and textures that would need such as rusty metal, wood and anything that could be used as stripes for my tent fabric or as ground. I went around Norwich to a variety of locations to give me the best chance of getting a range of textures such as the Plantation Gardens, parks and walking around the streets. I got a good collection of textures that I am excited to use to collage with and see where my experimentation can go from with them. I think it is important to go out and find my own textures and photographs as it makes my source materials unique to me and means I can find the most appropriate materials to work with as possible.





 My next step is to collage and experiment with these textures to see if they can work together and if they will work as tent fabrics to allow me to be more abstract with my imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment