Saturday 9 November 2013

A miniature circus

After making my circus tents collages yesterday I wanted to move my exploration to 3D to see if whether my  work could move in that direction. I used some construction paper I got from the NUA shop as it made the model making part run more smoothly and I liked the pattern created by the perforated triangles. My first tent is more like a blank shell to work on the shape and design and for the other tent I spent more time thinking about how it would look and what textures I would use both inside and out. 





I chose to use two different textures as I really like the wood grain but the white mortar of the brick wall seemed a good way to create a defined set of tent doors. I like working in 3D but I'm not working on model tents is particularly working; it feels to ridged and confined so I might be better sticking to layering my work to create a sense of dimension within my 2D imagery that literally creating models. I attempted to make a mini circus scene of a collection of model tents to see if that could be more successful but again I feel too refined by the practicalities of model making and it doesn't feel as atmospheric or powerful as my tent collages do. I do like the circular pathways though it does create a sense of continuity. 




My aim for this weekend is to spend some more time gathering research for my dissertation and emailing people to interview. I have a group critique on Monday for my practical work so I am hoping they will give me some guidance on how to move forward with my ideas and I can spend time before then on my research report.

No comments:

Post a Comment