Friday 9 May 2014

Joint crit with Glyn

I have been finishing my final book layouts and illustrations over the last few days in preparation for portfolio mock ups this weekend and printing on Monday. This afternoon I had a joint crit between Gabby, Glyn and I to discuss portfolios and last minute changes. 


Idea for portfolio layout


I'm really glad I had Gabby as my crit partner as we have been working so hard together and it's such a nice feeling to see us both bringing everything together for the end. We both also have similar ideas for how we want to layout our portfolios so it was a good opportunity to ask questions that we both needed answers to. I found it helpful as we discussed having final books in the portfolio and Glyn recommended having them outside of it in an archive box with the portfolio which I really like the idea of. Unfortunately I haven't got the time (or budget) to get a custom made archive box to match my portfolio at the moment so that is something to think about after assessment and I will possibly get one from the university shop for now to keep the books together and give an impression of what I wanted. Glyn also seemed to like the idea of an unconventional portfolio in the sense of different paper qualities, scales and folding pages and so I am looking forward to mocking up my portfolio ready for printing. All this work with Indesign for my final books has really got me into book layouts and I think it's something that I will really push on with this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment