Wednesday 21 May 2014

Portfolio collection

After all the effort laying out and printing my portfolio the day has arrived to collect it. Gabby and myself had to go to London to pick them and I am so happy with my final and it has been worth the wait. I'm glad I paid a bit more to have the screws only visible on the back and the whole book is really well made. The only gripe I have is that they didn't score the pages inside so it doesn't lay flat so that is something we will have to do tomorrow which is an uneeded hassle at this point! I'm really glad I chose to have lots of different sized inserts and pages inside as I feel it gives my portfolio a sense of narrative and journey which is relevant to my projects. I'm really looking forward to converting it to a professional portfolio after assessment and I really hope an oppurtunity arises soon to send it out! 


My precious portfolio


The annoying thing with having to take a day out to go to London is that I've lost a lot of valuable working time as I had to borrow a laptop with a working battery and even then I couldn't charge it so I was left writing my project summary by hand. Tomorrow I need to print my second book ready to be bound and finish off typing up and arranging my research file to get them bound in the print rooms. I feel like the next day is going to be very stressful but it can be done! All this extra effort takes time...

No comments:

Post a Comment