Friday 23 May 2014

Deadline is on the horizon

It is the night before deadline and this will be most likely be my final blog post for my year 3 reflective journal! Today I have been doing some final printing for my research files and I have just bound my final book so the end is near. I am feeling fairly positive about my submission for assessment as I can safely say I have worked as hard as I can which I hope is evident through the standard of my work and the amount of effort I have put into my presentation. I also have far more work than I have ever had for a submission before, and whilst this workload spans 2 terms my work is probably about the same amount as the whole of year 2 combined. 

Reflecting upon this last term I can't believe its gone so fast and it seems like yesterday I was starting my fairy tale project and yet I have come such a long way in that time. I have really enjoyed working with Indesign to compile my book layouts especially as the layout designs themselves are such an integral part to the overall feel of the book. My Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator skills have vastly improved over the past term which makes me feel a lot more confident about my future as a freelance illustrator. I never thought I would say it but I am ready to leave university and become freelance as I feel I have prepared myself as much as possible for this moment and I feel positive about the direction my work is taking and the self promotion and skills I have behind me.

My plans for after assessment and the degree show are:

- Make a list of skills to improve and focus on bringing Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator skills up to an expert standard.
- Expand my online presence with a Facebook page, Tumblr and LinkedIn and keep things constantly up to date
- Contacting blogs, magazines, art directors to try and gain notice, work and be published
- Continue collaboration projects with Henry Jackson and Ashleigh Berryman and try and start new bonds within textiles and graphic design
- Keep working hard!

So that it is for me as I have a few last minute things to finish off for hand-in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment