Wednesday 14 May 2014

Unexpected trip to London

I can't quite believe it but I am on the way to London! With the year one and two's hand in on Friday the print rooms are the busiest I have ever seen; yesterday some people were queuing over 2 hours for a computer but luckily I have been managing to get in early enough to grab one. However the print queues are horrendous, often 10 people at a time and the amount of times things print wrong or don't load onto the printers properly and I have to re-queue has slowed me down a lot. It doesn't help that the Guntons printers seem to decide to throw a strop several times a day and leave marks allover my prints!


Layout for portfolio concertina


As the delays have been a lot more severe than I expected I wasn't able to finish printing my portfolio in time to post it off to the printers and so here I am on the train to drop them off which means another journey using up valuable time although it is quite nice to get away from the print rooms for the morning. I think printing has taken even longer because I have been quite ambitious with my layout and scaling as I want my portfolio to feel interactive and tactile as well as professional. However it also means the layout and order of my portfolio is quite confusing so I am just making up a paper mock up to leave with the binders to make sure everything goes correctly.


Fashion development portfolio page


The good thing about printing my portfolio 9 days before hand-in is that I now have that time to focus on paperwork and printing and binding my final books to go in with my portfolio. This is probably the most prepared I have ever been for a hand in which is comforting to know although it's needed as there seems to be so much more work involved. I am going to sit down later tonight and make a final list of the work left to do for hand in to make sure that nothing will be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment