Friday 28 March 2014

Tutorial with Glyn

Today I had a meeting with Glyn to show him my Zara mock up book and get some advice on how to develop before printing the final version. I have prepared most of the page layouts and text and I think the ordering is almost right as it flows nicely between the illustrations and pieces of text promoting Zara.


One of my development illustrations for this project


After speaking to Glyn I have realised that the basic structure is there but it needs to be a bit more exploratory and edgy so I am going to play around with composition and the placement of my text. At the moment it is all fairly conformative in layout and I liked Glyn's idea to make the scales more extreme and play around with how much of the model the viewer can actually see- I forget sometimes it's OK to not have all my illustration in and cropping can make a huge difference to the success of a piece- sometimes less is more. I realise all my text is also straight and it could be nice to have things at angles so that the viewer is more involved in the book, turning it around to view things which will mean they interact with the feel and flow of the book more.

I want to get this book finished by Easter so it's a final push for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment