Wednesday 5 March 2014

Change of plans

After submitting my Hermione Hammond award I was hoping to move onto a D&AD brief but after some deliberation I have decided to continue my fashion project as I feel it is not yet exhausted or concluded and I want to push it forward into a new project to replace the D&AD one. I also feel uninspired by that brief now so it seems a bad choice to drop a project that is already pushing my skills and methods whilst also inspiring and exciting me.




I am hoping to move this project towards a book after the success of my UEA project and I want to explore collage, layering and texture more and the use of different surfaces and paper stocks after it worked well before. I plan to get this project resolved as soon as possible to move onto my fairy tale project but realistically I will give myself until the Easter break to finish.


Antonio Soares fashion illustration


I think the next stage is to continue with my research and start formatting some ideas for the direction and conclusion of this project as currently I don't feel finished but also don't know how to finish. After a tutorial with Glyn I think I need to find some more substance and themes to the fashion to give it a context and substantial content.

No comments:

Post a Comment